Today we visited the Karen Vineyard Church. Karen is the part of town named after Karen Blixen, the "Out of Africa" lady. It was great to be in an expat church for a Sunday and we really enjoyed the ability to put Avery in the nursery and be able to worship together, at least for 30 or so minutes until we could hear her cries from across the courtyard! :) She handled it all really well and took a great 3 hour nap when we got home! I love that she had her name on masking tape on her back, it was such a nice touch from "home" I made Taylor take a picture of it, glad he puts up with me! Avery's face in the other picture is getting to be more common.
On another note...Avery is getting so busy these days that it is rare to be able to get a shot of her face. If we do get a picture with her looking at the camera she starts to laugh or squeal and we end up with a very cute picture like the one on this post.

2 comments:
oh my gosh! that picture of her squealing actually made my laugh out loud. I hope you and taylor realize the intense pressure you have now put on lauren and my babies. Future babies, that is. Not all babies are cute. We all know that. Some people might think they are - that's just because they haven't ever really seen a cute baby - i.e. Avery. So what the heck - now we have this expectation of super cuteness and smiliness and I don't know if there is any way for our babies, future, to measure up!
Is that my place? Karen Vineyard? See any Lions? I like how you can hear Avery scream over a courtyard. No babyproof glass? :)
Post a Comment