12 February 2009

She is getting so big!

We went to a local pediatrician here for Avery's well-baby visit and are proud to announce that she is 17 pounds and 8 ounces! That was more than I was expecting, though it still keeps her right below the 5%. After we got home I realized the doctor didn't measure her height so I tried to and came up with 29 1/2 inches. Not sure how accurate that is but it goes along her growth curve so I am guessing it is close enough! :)

A few days ago we went to a great "home" store and got some adorable bedding for Avery, thanks Grandma and Grandpa Rounds! While in the store I was looking around at all the cute stuff while Avery and Taylor hung out in the kids section. He was showing her a stuffed dog and she said "ruf ruf"! Yesterday she was playing peek-a-boo using a door and every time she would come out from behind the door she would say "peeh"! So cute!

She also has advanced to the stage of being a climber! Avery was playing in the living room area we have for her blocked off with some of our footlockers. Taylor was busy working on his computer and I was in her room. Taylor turned around to check on her the same time I was walking back into the room and she was standing on top of the footlocker! We are working on other ideas to keep a Avery safe zone in our house without having a tall stack of footlockers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahhhhhhhhh! A climber?? That's amazing! I can't wait to see her skillzzzzzzz. I also can't wait for a video of her words! hint hint